Chocolate, xocolat, cacao… that magical substance that makes us feel better instantly, whether by comforting us, energizing us or by sweetening up our lives. Today marks the International Chocolate Day, in commemoration of the introduction of this product to Europe in 1550.
We want to commemorate this delicious day by telling you a few facts about cocoa, aka chocolate, that you may not know.
- Dark chocolate protects your teeth! It has an antibacterial effect on your mouth and effectively acts against plaque and prevents cavities.
- It takes around 400 cacao beans to produce a single pound of chocolate and around 70% of the total cacao produced comes from Africa. Cherish those beans!
- Milk chocolate was invented in Switzerland when a local chocolatier added milk powder to his mix. Our world wasn’t the same from that day…
- Chocolate makes us feel happy because it contains anandamide, a substance also produced by our brains.
- Chocolate was used as currency. Not only by the Mayans and Aztecs, but also during the Revolutionary War, and was used to pay soldiers who were fighting for freedom.
- Chocolate milk is ideal for recovering after intense workouts. Medicine and Sports Science published a study that its benefits are due to the presence of proteins and carbohydrates. How about celebrating this with an OGX Chocolate shake?
Chocolate is unique, nothing can beat its richness and amazing taste. Celebrate this World Chocolate Day with any of your favorite OG chocolate products and let’s cheer for this bean of the gods.
Founded in 2008 as Organo Gold, ORGANO™ is dedicated to bringing the benefits of the earth’s nutritional riches to people throughout the world via its premium products that can be used daily to help to achieve a more energetic and healthier lifestyle.