Today is Talk in an Elevator Day, a curious date that encourages individuals to make conversation while in an elevator… And it makes complete sense! Many businesses and acquaintances are done in elevators, does the expression “elevator pitch” ring a bell in your head? Yes, that short, sweet and convincing piece of speech to say what matters and grab someone’s attention.
We want to share with you a few tips on how to ELEVATE that elevator pitch of yours and take your OG business to a whole new level on this peculiar day. Shall we?
- Know your target! Of course, you may not know everybody’s particular needs, but it is easy to identify some common issues, problems, and concerns that we all share. Understanding these problems and needs helps you define better goals and solutions that you will use in your speech.
- With that in mind, grab a piece of paper and start writing the answers to these four points, they will hold the essence of your pitch. Take as much time as you need to think through these!
- Define the problem that affects your customer
- Describe how your product solves that problem
- Focus on the most valuable points that make your product different.
- Make an offer and a call to action.
- Once you have those four points it’s time to put it in a simple, short paragraph. Be short and to the point. The idea behind an elevator pitch is to do it in 20 seconds or less.
- Test, fix and try again, an ideal elevator pitch takes time to refine. In other words, train on how to deliver that pitch with friends or colleagues that may provide feedback on what to include or eliminate from it.
- You need to keep it real, elevator pitches are effective only when you know your business, consumer and product. For instance, you can use your own voice, style and humor to create it! You don’t need to keep it extremely corporate if you don’t want to, but keep in mind how professional you want to look or the context in which you’re going to deliver it.
Rehearse, correct and repeat! That’s the only way to succeed! Be confident in your skills just as you are in your ORGANO products! We’re sure you will leave a great impression with your prospects.
How about practicing that elevator pitch in our UNITE meeting in North America this August? JOIN US! Find all the info HERE.
Founded in 2008 as Organo Gold, ORGANO™ is dedicated to bringing the benefits of the earth’s nutritional riches to people throughout the world via its premium products that can be used daily to help to achieve a more energetic and healthier lifestyle.