The holidays are supposed to be a magical time filled with family, friends, laughter, and great food. But sometimes all the pressure to deliver the perfect holiday can be too much. It’s easy to overextend ourselves and try to accomplish more than our schedules allow — taking all the fun out of the holidays.
While you may not be able to avoid holiday stress altogether — some things are just out of our control — there are some things you can do make sure you remain happy, healthy, and relaxed enough to enjoy your fall and winter holidays.
Tips For Minimizing Holiday Stress
- Maintain a healthy diet. At every turn during the holidays, there is temptation. Cake in the office. Cookies at the school. Candy from the neighbors. While it’s ok to indulge occasionally in holiday treats, keeping a healthy diet throughout this busy time will keep you feeling great. To minimize the stress of planning healthy meals every day, try the OGX System, which not only removes most of your meal prep work, but offers a fully nutritional meal replacement shake and an easy to follow meal plan to keep you on the right track.
- Give yourself a boost. You might need some extra energy to get you through long days. FENIX XT™ is a healthy, natural way to boost your energy levels — with less sugar and caffeine than leading energy drinks. If energy drinks aren’t your thing, try a pick-me-up with some ORGANO™ Organic Green Tea or one of the convenient ORGANO™ coffee sachets.
- Learn to say no. This can be one of the hardest words to say, but it can save you some serious holiday stress. If you get asked to do something — a fundraiser for your kid’s school, hosting a get together, a corporate party — and it doesn’t make you happy to accept the invitation, just say no. Reserve your time to focus on activities that will bring you joy and everyone will be better off for it.
- Find balance for your indulgences. It is 100% ok to indulge during the holidays, but you might want to find ways to balance. The human body is already fantastic at detoxing — especially after too much sugar or alcohol — but you can help it by providing the right nutrition. Using a detox product like FENIX DX™ can help you balance out the times you choose to overindulge.
- Make time to relax. Even if it’s only 5 minutes reading a book or a 15 minute bubble bath, make some time to relax throughout the holidays. Whatever it is on your to-do list can wait and recharging your batteries will help you tackle those tasks much better.
The most important thing to remember is that the holidays are supposed to be fun. If the stress is too much, there are plenty of options to get you back on track and help you enjoy the holiday season.
Founded in 2008 as Organo Gold, ORGANO™ is dedicated to bringing the benefits of the earth’s nutritional riches to people throughout the world via its premium products that can be used daily to help to achieve a more energetic and healthier lifestyle.