The weather is warming and you’re probably dreaming of summer barbeques full of friends, family, and delicious food! If you want to make a big impression on your BBQ guests this summer, pulling together the perfect menu is essential. Try hosting a ORGANO™ themed summer BBQ — with a full menu from appetizers to dessert. It’s a great way to feed the tribe while also introducing them to the great flavor and versatility of ORGANO™ products.
We have you covered with some twists on summer cookout classics using OG gourmet coffees and teas. They’re not just for drinking! OG coffees and teas can build both sweet and savory recipes that will turn your next OG Mixer into a full-on summer party.
Build the perfect summer BBQ from start to finish with these recipes:
Peach Mint Tea Punch
For the perfect summer BBQ, you have to have a refreshing drink to sip while the meal is cooking. Pass around this Peach Mint Tea Punch made with OG Black Ice Tea to your cookout guests. It’ll be a hit!
- 3 sachets of Black Ice Tea
- 3 cups of water
- 3-4 sprigs of mint
- 3 cups of peach nectar
- 3 cups ginger ale
- Combine tea, water, and nectar in a pitcher.
- When ready to serve, add ginger ale, and mint leaves.
- Pour single servings over ice. Yield: 20 (5 oz.) servings.
OG Green Tea Vinaigrette Salad
A delicious and nutritious twist on the summer staple — salad! Pour this tangy vinaigrette, and with ORGANO™ Green Tea over your favorite greens and veggies for the perfect starter.
- 1 ORGANO™ Green Tea bag
- 1/2 cup Boiled Water
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. of Red Onion, minced very finely
- 1 tsp. honey
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp chopped herbs (oregano and fresh parsley)
- Boil the ½ water.
- Let OG Green Tea seep for approximately 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Pour out 1/4 cup of fresh tea and set aside for the dressing. (Other ¼ cup can be consumed by drinking or discarded).
- In a large mixing bowl, add the minced red onion.
- Add the rest of the ingredients one by one: the honey, the mustard, the cider vinegar, and the olive oil.
- Pour in the 1/4 cup of OG Green Tea.
- Mix well with a whisk or large fork.
- Add fresh herbs and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well again.
- Taste the vinaigrette and adjust for seasonings.
- Allow to sit for at least 3-4 hours before serving to let flavors infuse.
OG Black Coffee Burgers
Ingredients for OG Black Coffee Rub:
- 1 sachets Black Coffee
- 1 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
Ingredients for Burgers:
- 4 slices Applewood-smoked bacon
- 1 pound ground beef
Toppings & Fixings:
- 4 slices red onion
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
Directions for Coffee Rub:
- Mix all ingredients — except Black Coffee — in a bowl.
- Set rub and Black Coffee aside.
Directions for Burgers:
- Cook bacon in large skillet until crisp. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Break in half. Set aside.
- Gently put ground beef in large bowl.
- Add the rub to beef and mix until fully combined.
- Form meat into 4 patties, each 3 1/2 to 4 inches in diameter and 1/3 to 1/2 inch thick.
- Sprinkle Black Coffee on one side of the patties.
- Heat up barbecue (medium-high heat).
- Place burgers, rub side down, on grill rack. Grill until slightly charred, about 3 minutes each side.
- Add 1 cheese slice to each patty while still on grill. Grill about 1 minute more.
- Remove from grill to start plating.
Directions for Plating:
- Place burgers atop bottom halves of buns.
- Place 2 bacon slice halves atop each burger.
- Top with onion slices, lettuce leaf, and tomato slice.
- Spoon dollop of mayonnaise over each patty.
- Cover with top buns and serve.
OGX FENIX™ Popsicles
Is there anything better than a freezing popsicle on a hot summer day? The answer is yes — an OGX FENIX™ Popsicle is better! It’s delicious as the original, but has all the added benefits and nutrients of OGX FENIX™. Try OGX FENIX™ Creamy Vanilla, or OGX FENIX™ Rich Chocolate, both!
- 1 Scoop of OGX FENIX™ Vanilla
- 1 Scoop of OGX FENIX™ Chocolate
- 16 oz of 2% milk
- Popsicle Mold
- Mix together OGX FENIX™ Vanilla and 8 oz of milk
- Mix together OGX FENIX™ Chocolate and 8 oz of milk
- Pour into popsicle mold, add sticks or handles
- Freeze until solid
Now you have all the tools to build the perfect summer BBQ menu that will be a fun new way to host an OG Mixer. Your guests won’t be able to forget the flavors!