The Organo Gold team is so excited to be in Vancouver for the VIP Super Saturday event — as Global Master Distributor Shane Morand and Executive VP of International Sales and Marketing Holton Buggs will host sessions featuring informative training, networking, and firsthand success stories from OG’s fastest rising Distributors.
In honor of the Super Saturday’s host city, we thought we’d take a look at Vancouver’s coffee culture, and its history as a thriving, vibrant urban center in Canada.
- The folks in Vancouver really love their coffee — as evidenced by the strong cafe culture across the city. In fact, Vancouver was recently voted one of the world’s top 10 best cities for coffee by website Smartertravel.com.
- The city’s downtown region, particularly around Main Street, is a real hub for coffee aficionados, brimming with cafes and coffee roasters boasting champion baristas, fair trade beans and the like.
- Vancouver is one of Canada’s most ethnically and linguistically diverse cities, with 52% of the population having a first language other than English.
- Vancouver is consistently named as one of the top five worldwide cities for livability and quality of life.
- Vancouver is named after British naval officer Captain George Vancouver, who explored the inner harbor of Burrard Inlet in 1792 and gave various places British names.
- Major film production studios in Vancouver have turned the city into one of the largest film production centers in North America, earning it the nickname “Hollywood North”.
- In 2014, following thirty years in California, Vancouver became the indefinite home of the annual TED conference.
- Vancouver is also home another great entity, of course — Organo Gold has been headquartered in Vancouver since 2008.
For more information on the June 28 VIP Super Saturday event in Vancouver, click here.