Electricity. The automobile. The personal computer. The iPod. The Internet. There are many, many everyday items that we simply could not live without in contemporary society. What do these items have in common? They are all a product of American ingenuity, innovation, education and achievement.
When America wrote, signed and adopted the Declaration of Independence back on July 4, 1776 — thus asserting its independence from British rule and becoming the United States of America — the fledgling young nation took that independence to heart. That fostered a strong-willed, motivated nation of people who thought big, talked big and acted accordingly. As a result, the USA is one of the most developed and determined countries in the world. It is also worth nothing that, in addition to necessities like electricity and technology, the USA has also given us many forms of entertainment. Think of some of your favorite books, television shows and movies, your favorite theme parks, or even favorite places to visit — such as Las Vegas, Miami or New York City!
For this reason, while the Fourth of July is a distinctly American holiday, we at OG feel it is a day that everyone should celebrate, to help wish this amazing nation a Happy Birthday. And what birthday celebration isn’t a great excuse to break out the the punch bowl and fire up the barbecue?
Here is a fun idea for OG-product inspired, red white and blue iced tea for you to prepare this July 4 – which happily falls on a weekend – in order to wish America, its people and all those who call it home a very happy Independence Day.
Red White & Blue Punch
This colorful iced-tea based punch is sure to be a hit with adults and children alike. The three kinds of berries at the red and the blue, as does the red tea base, and the large ice cubes add the white! Serve to the kids in clear plastic tumblers with red, white and blue paper straws, and to the grown-ups in Mason jars for a modern yet old-timey touch.
3-4 x sachets OG Organic Red Tea
1 x package each of fresh strawberries, raspberries and blueberries
1 x package of fresh mint leaves
2 x fresh lemons
1 x tray large ice cubes
Sweetener of choice
- Brew up the packages of OG red tea and then set aside to cool. Pour them into the punch bowl to cool in the refrigerator if you have the space.
- Rinse and trim the strawberries of their green tops, and slice into halves, quarters or chunks (depending on the size of the individual berries).
- Slice the lemons in rounds or wedges, removing all the seeds as you go.
- Rinse and ‘slap’ the mint leaves, to release the oils and aroma.
- When the iced red tea has cooled, add in the sliced strawberries and the whole raspberries and blueberries. Then add the sprigs of fresh mint and the sliced lemons.
- Sweeten with agave syrup, runny honey or your sweetener of choice, to taste.
- Add the large ice cubes at the last minute before putting the iced-tea punch out on a table for everyone to enjoy!