At Organo Gold, we feel really blessed — that’s why when we open our new international headquarters in Richmond later month, we’re blessing the building and everyone, and everything in it! The new building will be treated to a very special Feng Shui blessing ceremony. For those of you not familiar with the Chinese art of Feng Shui, here are a few facts about how it works, and the history of this ancient practice:
- Feng Shui blessing ceremonies have been used throughout history to clear the energy (known as “chi”) of any particular space or home, thus making the space more harmonious for those who live or work in the space.
- The term Feng Shui literally translates as “wind water” in English.
- Feng Shui has been practiced for over 3000 years in China, and in contemporary times has spread to the Western world.
- The practice is based on the scientific principle of energy — the ancient Chinese understood that energy is a constant force in the universe, and surrounds us in everything that we interact with. Feng Shui was developed as a means to harness that energy in the best possible way to ensure only a positive outcome.
- The five elements in Feng Shui are water, wood, fire, earth, and metal. All of these elements must be used together in the correct way to ensure that the energy of the area is in balance.
- A Feng Shui blessing ceremony is said to bring favorable energy and good luck to whomever practices it.
- Attracting wealth, protecting health and improving relationships are among the benefits attributed to good Feng Shui.
- Beijing’s Forbidden City is laid out according to Feng Shui principles, with a man-made mountain behind it and two rivers dug to its east and west.
We all feel very blessed to have Organo Gold in our lives, and those lucky enough to work in the new building will no doubt benefit from the amazing energy inside the new OG space.