We really love our coffee here at Organo Gold. And we also really love our tea. And, as the Fall weather starts to cool down the Northern Hemisphere, we are really, really loving our mocha and gourmet hot chocolate drinks.
But there’s something we love perhaps more than anything else — and that is the incredible Ganoderma Lucidum mushroom that lies at the heart of all of our products.
This humble fungus truly is one of the most exceptional plants on the planet. Here are just some of the reasons why Ganoderma has been hailed for thousands of years by practitioners of Eastern medicine as an incredible herbal remedy.
• For thousands of years, Ganoderma Lucidum, also sometimes known as Reishi mushrooms, have been recognized by Chinese medical professionals as a valuable remedy.
• Its Chinese name Lingzhi, means “spiritual potency”, and the mushrooms are regarded by the Chinese as the “Medicine of Kings”.
• Dr. Shi-Jean Lee, one of the most famous Chinese medical practitioners of the Ming Dynasty, strongly endorse the effectiveness of Reishi in his famous book, Ban Chao Gang Moo, or “The Great Pharmacopoeia”. In the book, Dr. Lee stated that the “long-term taking of Reishi (Lingzhi) will build a strong, healthy body and assure a long life.”
• Ganoderma Lucidum mushrooms have been traditionally recommended by Chinese and Japanese herbalists for treatment of chronic or situational insomnia due to their “sleep-promoting” properties.
• In Japan, the dried “mycelium” of Ganoderma (the mycelium is the root-like body that produces mushrooms) has been found to be highly effective in the treatment of neuroses caused by “environmental stress.” 
•  Kenneth J. REISHI: Ancient herb for modern times. Sylvan Press, 1992.